Expressions & functions
Altogic uses intuitive and easy-to-use expressions to set the parameters of your service nodes, define validations rules, set the default values of your data model fields. In Altogic, you use the same expression syntax to query your data; in other words, you do not need to learn a separate data querying language (e.g., SQL). If you know how to write a formula in Excel, you have all the basic know-how to write expressions and data queries in Altogic.
In addition to expressions, Altogic provides 170+ built-in functions that you can use in your expressions and data queries. Below are some of the things that you can do with expression and functions in Altogic.
- You can define fixed but also dynamic default values for your data model fields.
- You can define validation rules and associated validation error messages.
- You can set the parameters of your service nodes.
- You can query your data in the database.
- You can use built-in functions (e.g., array, string, date-time, geolocation, math & trigonometry, text) in your expressions and data queries to build complex rules, filters, or statements.