Atogic realtime works as a real-time communication layer between your backend app and the client. It maintains bi-directional persistent connections with the client using WebSockets. If a server wants to push new data to clients, it can do it instantly using Altogic realtime. It is highly flexible, and easy to integrate.
Some of the most common use cases of realtime that you can add to your apps are:
- Notifications: Altogic realtime can inform users if there is any relevant change. Notifications can also be thought of as a form of signaling, where there is no representation of the notification in the UI. Still, it triggers a reaction within an application.
- Activity streams: Stream of activities which are published when something changes on your app or someone publishes it across all channels.
- Live Data Visualizations: Altogic realtime allows you to broadcast continuously changing data when needed.
- Chats: You can use Altogic realtime for peer to peer or peer to channel communication.
Below is the list of realtime capabilities of Altogic that you can use in your apps.
- You can create channels and your app clients can subscribe to these channels for messages
- You can send messages to specific channels or broadcast to all connected clients
- You can store client metadata and share this data across channels (e.g., share user profile data when a user joins or leaves a channel)
- You can subscribe to key user events (e.g., signin, signout, update user, change password etc.) and get notified when such an event is fired