The Altogic app development platform allows your to create your backend apps in minutes. This quick start guide explains how to get started with app development as quickly as possible.
Step #1: Create your app workspace
The Designer is where you can create, manage, and deploy your apps. To create an app via the Designer:
- Log in to Altogic with your credentials.
- Select New app.
- In the App name field, enter a name for the app. If needed, change the subdomain of the default environment which will be automatically created.
- In the Execution environment region field, select a region for the app and finally select the pricing plan of the environment.
- Select Create.
- Click/tap on the newly created app to launch the designer
Step #2: Build your data model
The next step is to define the data model of your application.
- Create object models and add fields to these models
- Define relationships between models
- Define field default values and add custom validation rules
Step #3: Create your application endpoints and services
Following the data model creation, the next step is to create the endpoints and associated services to access and modify the data.
- Create a new endpoint and associated service
- Build service flow or create full-code function of endpoint service
- For granular access control, define authentication and authorization rules of the endpoint
Step #4: Create your environment and deploy your app
After completing your application data model, service, and endpoint designs, the next step is to create the execution environment and deployment of your app to this environment.
- Creating the app execution environment
- If needed, create an API key to control access to your application endpoints
- Deploy your application to an environment
After deploying your application to its execution environment, you can start sending requests to your app's endpoints from your app's frontend or other applications.
Step #5: Test your application and connect it to your front-end application
The final step is to test your application services and connect your back-end to your front-end application.
- Test your application endpoints and services
- Integrate your Altogic backend to your frontend using Altogic's client API or access and run your app services using an http client from your front-end application